Required reading...
I came across this through Monsterblog. Wonderful reading and will undoubtedly bring groans of empathy from most people working in offices these days from http://www.iworkwithfools.com/
Phone rings. CASPER answers it.
CASPER: Hello.
BOSS: Casper? I need you to write a program that takes images off of an optical drive and stores them on the AS/400. IBM has API’s to do this, but they don't support the hardware or the software anymore so the API’s might not work.
CASPER: Ok, well if everything works, and there is documentation on the API’s, I can slap something together. But I need more detail on the interface and everything. When do you need it?
BOSS: In one week. What is doc...docu...documenta....
CASPER: Documentation. And one week is a little too tight.
BOSS: Ok. Start working on it and I will find you some dobumenbation.
CASPER: Documentation.
BOSS: Whatever.
Click. The phone goes dead.
Three weeks later. Phone rings. CASPER answers.
CASPER: Hello.
BOSS: Hey! How's that project coming...what was it? Double-mint-nation or something?
CASPER: You mean documentation?
BOSS: Yeah! That’s it! How's that doo...er...stuff coming?
CASPER: Well you were supposed to get me some more info on what the client needs – interface-wise – and scare up some documentation on the API’s.
BOSS: You have to think outside the box; work smarter not harder. You need some synergy, blah, blah, blah.
CASPER: No, just some documentation.
BOSS: Jeez! What is it with you and doctor-menstruation?
CASPER: Documentation.
BOSS: Whatever.
Click.
[Not The End]"
No comments:
Post a Comment